Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

I want access to the contents of my complaint file.

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) Customer Assistance Group does not provide records contained in a consumer complaint file. To request access to your consumer complaint file, you will need to file a Privacy Act request through the OCC's FOIA Portal.

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us