Answers about Automatic Withdrawals
Select from the following questions about pre-authorized payments, automatic charges, and automatic withdrawals.
- I canceled a service after the free trial period, but the merchant continues to charge my checking account every month. How can I stop this?
- My checking account has unauthorized monthly charges/withdrawals from a merchant. The charges started eight months ago, but I just noticed them. The bank will not reverse the charges. How can I stop this?
- I just noticed a charge on my statement that I did not authorize. That same charge appeared on my prior statement as well. What should I do?
- I closed my checking account, but the bank continued to accept the recurring charges from my insurance company. Why doesn't the bank reject these charges?
- Last year I gave a vendor/merchant authorization to make a monthly automatic withdrawal from my checking account. Now I have canceled the service, but my bank won't stop the withdrawals. What can I do?
- How can I stop a pre-authorized debit from being paid from my checking account?