Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

How can I file a complaint with the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)?

Consumers who have questions regarding their federal credit union may contact the NCUA Consumer Assistance Center at (800) 755-1030.

Consumers who have a complaint regarding the regulation of their federal credit union, and have already attempted to resolve the issue with the credit union, may file a formal complaint or by sending a letter to the following address or fax number:

National Credit Union Administration
Consumer Assistance Center
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3428
Fax: (703) 518-6682

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us