Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

I need to correct personal contact information that is listed in my credit report. Whom should I contact?

You should contact the credit reporting agency that produced the report (Equifax, TransUnion, or Experian) to dispute personal data such as:

  • Your personal identifying information (such as, your name, date of birth, telephone number, address, or Social Security number).
  • The identity of past or present employers.
  • Information related to fraud alerts or active duty alerts for deployed servicemembers.

Get more information from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on how to correct credit report errors.

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us