I made a payment, but it has not shown up on my credit card / home equity line of credit / personal lines of credit statement. What can I do?

You should file a written billing error dispute with the bank at the address specified after “Send Billing Inquiries to:” or similar on the back of the monthly billing statement. This address usually differs from where you send your payment.

You should file your written dispute within 60 days of the date the bank mailed the statement on which you believe the credit should have appeared.

You should be prepared to provide documentation showing that you made the payment, such as a copy of the cancelled check or a copy of confirmation of an electronic payment.

September 2017