Answers about Cashing Checks
Select from the following questions about cashing checks.
- I need to cash an $8,000 check. The bank said it needs sufficient notice to provide that much cash. What can I do?
- I wrote a check and post-dated it. However, the bank cashed it prior to the date written on the check. Can the bank do this?
- I received my payroll check and went to the bank the check was drawn on to cash it. The bank refused to cash the check since I do not have an account with them. Is this legal?
- I went to a bank to cash a check that was drawn on the bank. I do not have an account with the bank and they refused to cash the check. Can it do this?
- Why doesn't a bank have to cash a check that is drawn on them?