What to Include in Your Complaint
When you file a complaint, include the following information:
- Your complete name and mailing address. This should match your bank's records.
- The telephone number where we can best reach you.
- Your email address.
- Name and address of your bank.
- Type of account(s). If you are unsure of the type of account(s), please contact your bank for assistance.
- The name of the person(s) you have contacted at the bank.
- Any response received from the bank, if any.
- A detailed explanation of the complaint.
- If you want us to communicate with your attorney or other legal representative directly, please complete the Representative Contact Information section of the complaint form. You should ensure that you have granted appropriate legal authorization for the attorney or other legal representative.
- The online complaint form does not accept attachments. If you have supporting documentation, you will need to fax or mail the documentation. To avoid duplication, please include your full name and case number (once one has been assigned) on any supporting documentation you submit. Do not include your social security number.
Note: For security reasons, there is a 30-minute time limit to complete the complaint form. Failure to complete the form within this limit will result in lost information. Please make sure you have gathered all necessary information before beginning the complaint process.