What to Include in Your Complaint
When you file a complaint, include the following information:
- Your complete name and mailing address. This should match your bank's records.
- The telephone number where we can best reach you.
- Your email address.
- Name and address of your bank.
- Type of account(s). If you are unsure of the type of account(s), please contact your bank for assistance.
- The name of the person(s) you have contacted at the bank.
- Any response received from the bank, if any.
- A detailed explanation of the complaint. The online form requires that you limit your explanation to 4,000 characters or fewer, but we encourage you to provide as much detail as possible within that space.
- If you want us to communicate with your attorney or other legal representative directly, please complete the Representative Contact Information section of the complaint form. You should ensure that you have granted appropriate legal authorization for the attorney or other legal representative.
- The online complaint form accepts a maximum of six attachments. If you have supporting documentation, please include it as attachments to your complaint. Each attachment is limited to 5 MB in size. File types that are allowed are PDF, DOC, DOCX, TXT, MSG, CSV, EML, TIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, SVG, XLS, XLSX, and HEIC. Do not include your social security number.
Note: For security, our online form will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity. If you stop working on the form for 30 minutes or more, the information you entered may be lost. To avoid this, gather all the information you need before starting.