Answers about Debt Elimination and Fraudulent Schemes
Select from the following questions about debt elimination and fraudulent schemes.
- I received an offer from an entity promising to eliminate certain debts that I owe. An OCC complaint form was included in the information they sent. I was asked to sign it but provide no additional information. Is this a legitimate offer?
- I received an offer from an entity that stated it could eliminate certain debts that I owe. I am having trouble making payments on my debts. I have the money to pay the fee they are requesting. Why shouldn't I accept the offer?
- I am current on all of my loan payments. Why would an entity other than my bank or creditor offer to help me eliminate my debt?
- I am in financial straits. What are the legitimate options for satisfying my debt?
- Who should I contact to report a fraudulent scheme?