Answers about Identification
Select from the following questions about identification methods used by banks, use of social security numbers, and fingerprints.
- Is it legal for the bank to request my fingerprint to cash a check?
- I want to open a new account. What type of identification do I have to present to the bank?
- The bank required two forms of picture I.D. Can it do that?
- Can the bank require me to provide my Social Security number?
- Someone stole my identification, then used it to withdraw funds from my account. The bank closed my account. Can it do that?
- Can a bank require a beneficiary to provide a Social Security number?
- An unsolicited bank contacted me (by phone or e-mail) and asked for personal information to open an account. I had not inquired about opening an account.